Thursday 26 September 2019

Books Regarding Orange Shirt Day, Residential School and Reconciliation

Here is a list of great books regarding Orange Shirt Day (Sept.30), Residential School and Reconciliation. We can't wait to hear your feedback!

Picture books for all age groups:
- You Hold Me Up- Monique Gray Smith
- When We Were Alone- David Robertson
- Shi-shi etko- Nicola I. Campbell
- A Day With Yahyah- Nicola I. Campbell
- Stollen Words- Melanie Florence
- The Orange Shirt Day Story- Phyllis Webstad

Picture books for older children:

- Peace Dance- Roy Henry Vickers
- Secret of the Dance- Andrea Spalding and Alfred Scow
- The Elders Are Watching- David Bouchard and Roy Henry Vickers
- Not My Girl- Christy Jordan-Fenton
- I am Not a Number- Jenny Kay Dupuis and Kathy Kacer
- When I Was Eight- Christy Jordan-Fenton

Novels for grade 4 and up:

- Fatty Legs- Christy Jordan-Fenton
- A Stranger At Home- Christy Jordan-Fenton
- Lucy and Lola- Monique Gray Smith
- When We Play Our Drums, They Sing!- Richard Van Camp
- My Name is Seepeetza- Shirley Sterling
- Indian Horse- Richard Wagamese
- Sugar Falls- David Robertson
- Monkey Beach- Eden Robinson
- They Called me Number One- Bev Sellars
- The Marrow Thieves- Cherie Dimaline

Intermediate/high school picture book:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.